E.S.T – Cooling Tower Water Treatment System
State of the Art System
The Electrochemical Scale Treatment System (E.S.T) is a state of the art, patented system which prevents scaling, prevents bio fouling, microorganism growth, inhibits corrosion, produces oxidants in the water and prevents the spread of airborne bacteria.
Using a unique electrochemical process, the E.S.T system actively, efficiently
and cost effectively deals with the problems associated with cooling water systems without using harmful chemicals.
E.S.T – One System, Many Benefits
Multiple solutions and benefits in one system:
EST is modular from 300 TR with a single EST to 50.000 and more with MEGA EST.
Save up to 60% on operational costs:
- 100% savings on chemicals
- 20% – 40% decrease in water usage
- 5% – 15% lower energy costs
- 10% – 50% reduction in labor costs
- QUICK ROI
- No chemical feeds or discharge
- Water can be recycled and reused for irrigation
- No discharge cost
- The drained water is re-usable for irrigation, toilets, street cleaning etc.
Scale, bacteria and Corrosion Control
- All precipitation of salts occurs in the reaction chamber
- No scale in the system heat exchangers, chillers, filler etc.
- Control over corrosion potential due to low aggression of water
- Bacterial growth control.
Longer system lifespan
- Cooling system works better and longer
- Low maintenance and low recurring cost
Full control and supervision
- Performance is monitored with complete control of all parameters
- Fully automatic -self cleaning
- SCADA optional
E.S.T – The Electrochemical Process
The E.S.T System is side stream connected to the cooling system or the cooling tower externally so no intervention in the system is needed. This significantly reduces installation costs and time.
A reaction chamber with electrodes (anodes) installed inside acts as a cathode.
The reaction tank is connected to the cooling tower via a circulation pump, and the water is circulated from the cooling tower basin to the reaction tank and back to the cooling tower.
Tank anodes are constructed from nickel oxide coated titanium, an exclusive Elgressy patent.
DC current passes from the cathode, through the electrolyte (water) in the reaction tank, to the anodes and produces OH ions, which causes a rise in pH near the reaction tank walls. This causes scale to sink to the bottom of the tank, produces corrosion preventing copper and iron ions and creates an environment that prevents the development of harmful micro-organisms. Scale that accumulates on the bottom of the reaction tank is extracted by a pump.
OH+ ions that remain near the anodes cause a decrease of pH levels and produce oxidants which disinfect the water.
Maintenance and control of the E.S.T system is performed on site with constant access to all figurers and parameters relating to water quality and system performance online. The Elgressy support team is available to provide on-line support and solutions.
Download the brochure by clicking here