Cooling TowersNon-chemical, state of the art, patented technology
- Chemical Free Technology
- Huge Savings on Operational Costs
- Huge Savings in Energy and Water Consumption
- Scale, Bacteria and Corrosion Control
- Longer System Lifespan
- No Discharge as drained water is re-usable for irrigation or other.
- Fully automatic, side stream installed, small foot print.
- From single EST 300 RT to MEGA EST 50.000 TR, modular.
- SCADA optional.
- Quick ROI
To learn more about EST Cooling Tower treatment Click Here
Cooling Towers Treatment – EST
EST electrochemical systems are revolutionizing cooling tower
treatment by providing a omprehensive and effective treatment against scaling, corrosion and bio-fouling.
Typically, hazardous chemicals are added to the cooling water to inhibit corrosion of system
components, to retard mineral scaling and to limit bacteria growth.
How does it work?
The EST system connects to the cooling tower basin and circulates water therein. A controlled constant DC current
is applied to the patented titanium nickel oxide anodes, generating the following efects:
1. An alkaline environment of pH 13 is created next to the
reaction tank’s inner walls creating a strong disinfectant.
2. Near the anodes, 3-7% of the naturally present chlorides
are converted to free chlorine or hypochlorite (OCl-).
The OCl- level is programmable to automatically remain
at ~0.1-0.2ppm, providing additional disinfection
without the risk of corrosion.
3. Additionally, disinfecting radical oxygen, ozone and hydrogen peroxide are produced near the anode.
The electrical current causes a dissociation of the salts in the water into ions, precipitating the calcium (and other cations) on the reaction tank wall. The EST is capable of precipitating > 30% calcium from the water before it crystallizes into scale, while the remaining calcium is kept
dissolved in the water.
The calcium precipitation percentage is programmable, automated and varies from
project to project.
The EST patented scraper system automatically scrapes and flushes the reaction tank to remove the precipitated scale.
The remaining Magnesium ions in the water prevent corrosion
along with controlled operation >2 MPY.